Changes for the upcoming charter year
The Cornhusker Council is adjusting the re-charter dates for units so that the annual chartering cycle will better mirror the program year of a Scout unit. May of 2021, we will go through the process to complete a regular 12-month charter which will be in effect from August 1st-July 31st annually. Fee information is provided with this notice to help you plan your re-charter process.
- August 1st 2021-July 31st 2022
- Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, and Venturing – Youth - $5.50 per month = $66.00
- Adults – $3.50 per month = $42.00
- Explorers - Youth and Adults; $3.50 per month = $42.00
- Charter application fee (per charter season) = $75.00
- Youth that are new to Scouting will be assessed an additional $25 along with their pro-rated registration fees associated with the renewal.
To access the Unit Charter Renewal System (UCRS):
- Go to: https://scoutnet.scouting.org/ucrs/ (Your Unit Key Three has received the access code via email)
Required documents to turn in to the council to finalize the renewal process:
- 2021 Annual Unit Charter agreement signed must be submitted by May 2021 or sooner.
- All pages of the "Unit Charter Renewal Report Package" the "Draft" version will NOT be accepted. (consider printing one sided for convenience)
- BSA Adult or Youth applications for everyone listed as “new” on page one of the Charter Renewal Report Package. Adult applications MUST include a signed Disclosure/Authorization form and have completed YPT
- JTE forms will be completed in the Fall not with this recharter. Discuss with you Unit Commissioner.
- Payment: Pay online OR submit…One check -- made payable to Boy Scouts of America. NLT 31 May 2021.
- All final paperwork must include appropriate signatures on all adult and youth applications and on the Charter Renewal Application. The lack of appropriate signatures may prevent processing of your unit’s charter renewal.
- Please confirm that every adult leader has current YPT before turning in the final renewal paperwork. Youth Protection Training is required for all adult leaders and must be completed every two years. Check dates to ensure no expirations prior to 31 July 2022.
- Additional useful forms (Membership Inventory, Unit Budget Plan, New Youth & Adult Applications, etc.) may be found on Scouting.org: http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Media/Forms.aspx and can be printed and used to assist in the completion of your unit’s 2021 charter renewal.
- All Adults are required to turn in the new “Additional Disclosures & Background Check Authorization” form. Please return these forms to your unit leader or council office.
Click here to access the Recharter WebsiteEach unit can have one person process the annual charter. They will need a new access code and ID each year.
One of the BSA's many barriers to abuse is a mandatory criminal background check during the adult volunteer application process. You can print this form and complete it. No digital signatures (email or fax) will be accepted. There is not a fillable version of this form. You must turn in a form with signature. These are good for 5 years.
Jan 2021 – Complete New 2022 Annual Unit Charter Agreement
February 2021 – Discuss Fee and Spring Fundraising with your Scout Families/ update YPT
March 2021 – Keep note of Scouts and Adults that are Adding/ Dropping or Transferring
April 2021 – Collect Registration Fees and Talk with your Unit Commissioner about the Recharter process
May 2 - May 31– Receive the Access Code, Complete Online Recharter, Submit Payment Online.
June - July – Council Office Registrar reviews the Recharter corrects any errors or additions
July 31 – Council Posts Recharter to National