Internet Rechartering 2023-2024
The Boy Scouts of America offers an online charter renewal process for all units. Recently, this process was moved to improve systems and increase speed and efficiency in processes. Located at https://advancements.scouting.org, the new Internet Recharter system provides a more simplistic approach to the rechartering process and can be completed from start to finish with little paperwork.
You can learn more about the recharter process here:https://www.scouting.org/resources/internet-rechartering/
Welcome and thank you for using internet rechartering from Boy Scouts of America. Internet rechartering allows you to renew your unit’s charter online and perform the following actions:
- Select members from your existing roster
- Promote members from another unit
- Add new members
- Update member information
Before beginning internet rechartering, collect all member information, including new member forms with the appropriate signatures, and from all adult members collect the signed background check form (if not already given) and proof of current Youth Protection Training (YPT).
BSA membership fees:
- $25 one-time “joining fee” applicable to all new youth program participants. (If the new youth has a BSA ID from any council, they are not a new member and do not have to pay this fee. If the BSA ID was not issued by Cornhusker Council, the transfer fields on a new application need to be filled out, including the other council BSA ID. If the BSA ID was issued by Cornhusker Council, this ID must be on the application to not be charged.)
- $75 for youth members in Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing, and Sea Scouts
- $45 for adult members
- $100 unit charter fee for packs, troops, crews, and ships
- $45 for youth and adult members in Exploring
- $15 Scouts Life Magazine
Online pay by e-check, credit card, or unit account.
Pay in office with check, credit card, cash or unit account.
One of the BSA's many barriers to abuse is a mandatory criminal background check during the adult volunteer application process. You can print this form and complete it. No digital signatures (email or fax) will be accepted. There is not a fillable version of this form. You must turn in a form with signature. These are good for 5 years.
February 2022 – Discuss Fee and Spring Fundraising with your Scout Families/ update YPT.
March 2023 – Complete New 2023 Annual Unit Charter Agreement and submit to Council.
March 2023 – Keep note of Scouts and Adults that are Adding/ Dropping or Transferring.
April 3, 2023-Letter from registrar and Internet Recharter Guide sent out to all charter organizations, Commitee Chair, Cubmasters/Scoutmasters.
April Roundtables: Letter from registrar and Internet Recharter Guide in Roundtable folder.
April 2023 – Collect Registration Fees and Talk with your Unit Commissioner about the Recharter process.
May 1 - May 31– Complete Online Recharter, Submit Payment Online.
June - July – Council Office Registrar reviews the Recharter corrects any errors or additions.
July 31, 2023 – Council Posts Recharter to National