Skip to main content

Membership Resources

  • The Merit Badge Application will need to accompany the adult application for all first time merit badge counselors. If you are adding or taking off a merit badge, you just need to complete this application.

  • Fill out the form below if you would like to continue being a merit badge counselor or if you have decided you would no longer like to be one. If you would like to add to your information at this time, you will need to complete a paper form and submit that to the Council.
    **Everyone needs to complete a Criminal Background Check that will be rechartered this year. You need to fill that form out with your primary registration. If you are registered as a Merit Badge Counselor only, you will need to submit a paper copy of the merit badge counselor renewal application and the CBC form, and will not be able to to that online.**

  • The Veteran award is an adult recognition. However, tenure earned as a youth may be included in the total number of years registered. After five years of registered service in the Boy Scouts of America, and adult may, upon application, receive the designation of Veteran, provided the person agrees to live up to the Scouting obligations; to keep local Scouting authorities in the community in which residing informed as t availability for serve; and further, to be as active in the promotion of the cause of Scouting as circumstances and conditions permit. Service in Scouting organizations other that the Boy Scouts of America does not count toward veteran recognition. An individual must currently be a paid registered member of the Boy Scouts of America in order to receive an award.
    An adult designated veteran shall pay the regular registration fee if desiring to continue to retain active connection with the movement.
    Scouters desiring recognition as 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, or 80 year veterans must have maintained an active registered relationship for the required number of years, paying the annual registration fee.
    The records of the national office and local council shall determine eligibility. the periods of service claimed for veteran recognition need not be continuous.

Advancement Resources

  • By clicking on this link, you will transferred to the National Boy Scouts of America Website file store where you can access the most current fillable PDF.

  • By clicking on this link, you will transferred to the National Boy Scouts of America Website. Please read and follow all directions to access this workbook.

Other Official Sites


Training Awards

The Scouter's Training Award is an adult recognition of the Boy Scouts of America. This award is available across several different program areas and can be earned more than once.

Scouter's Key Awards

The Scouter's Key Award is an adult recognition of the Boy Scouts of America. This award is available across several different program areas and can be earned more than once.

Other Resources

  • BSA chartered units may participate in approved fundraising projects provided BSA Rules and Regulations and guidelines are followed. These help ensure the safety of all participants, the quality of the product or service and avoids commercialization of BSA. Units conducting such an activity must submit a Unit Money-Earning Application (Form No. 34427) for approval by the chartered organization and their local BSA council prior to holding an activity.

    BSA has issued a 15 page Fundraising Policies and Procedures Manual which describes the rules and regulations for conducting fundraising activities to accomplish the above objectives and ensure that fundraising is planned and coordinated using sound fundraising principles. It addresses the policies concerning contributions, fundraising, advertising, commercialism, use of the uniform, gambling, local council control, unit money-earning projects, pyramid sales, products sales, Scouting public display activities and raising funds. Unit leaders are strongly encouraged to read the manual prior to running a money-earning activity.

    The BSA Unit Money-Earning Application (Form No. 34427) serves as the means for obtaining project fundraising approval and complying with the BSA rules, regulations and guidelines. It consists of an application format that fully describes the proposed fundraising project and provides for approval by the unit leader, unit committee chair, the chartered organization representative, and the District or Council Finance Committee. The form can be downloaded from the BSA web site.

    The reverse side of the form contains the eight guidelines for unit money-earning projects to assist in completing the application and to ensure compliance with BSA rules and regulations. All unit fundraisers must obtain written approval from the local council no less than 14 days before committing to the fundraising activity.

    Before any person in your unit signs a contract, he or she must make sure the venture is legitimate and worthy. If a contract is signed, he or she is personally responsible. A contract cannot be signed on behalf of the local council or the Boys Scouts of America, nor may an individual bind the chartered organization without its written authorization.

    BSA units are strongly encouraged to participate in existing BSA fundraising activities such as Popcorn sales which already meet BSA rules and regulations and are designed to support both unit activities and individual Scout financial needs.

  • All scouts and adults attending camp will need to complete this form. Always a good idea to make a few copies!

District Executive Forms

D.E's can use this form to schedule events and meetings on the calendar.