Advancement is the process by which youth members of the Boy Scouts of America progress from rank to rank in the Scouting program. Advancement is a mere means to an end, not an end in itself. Everything done to advance and earn these ranks, from joining until leaving the program, has an exciting and meaningful experience.
Education fun are functions of the Scouting movement, and they must be the basis of the advancement program
A fundamental principle of advancement in Cub Scouting, Boy Scouting, Varsity Scouting and Venturing is the growth a young person achieves as a result of his/her participation in the unit program.
2021 Guide to AdvancementThe complete guide to advancement in all programs
Life to Eagle-Becoming an Eagle Scout
When the Scout obtains the Rank of Life, the Troops Eagle Adviser begins providing guidance by discussing additional required merit badges, Eagle Projects, and any time limitations.
Required Eagle Scout paperwork
What you need to have to get your Eagle Board scheduled:
- 1. Eagle Scout Application (this must be the most current version put out by the National Office)
- Signed by Scout, Unit Leader and Committee Chair.
- 2. Letter of Ambition
- 3. Eagle Scout Workbook in its entirety (Project, Plan and Report)
- Signed by beneficiary, Scout, and Unit Leader.
- Seven Feathers and Prairie Winds will take this paperwork directly to the Eagle Board Chairperson.
- 4. Fundraising page if applicable
Eagle Board Chairs:
Prairie Winds District: Chris Tietmeyer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Salt Valley District: Phillip Pickard, email@example.com
Seven Feathers District: Charles Cover, firstname.lastname@example.org
Register to attend a Life to Scout Seminar: https://scoutingevent.com/324-66053