Internet Unit Rechartering
A representative of each unit can now complete the paperwork for renewing a charter online. From Internet Rechartering, you can indicate returning members, add new members, and update information for an individual or the chartered organization.
New in 2017:
- National membership fees are increasing to $33 per member. Boys' Life remains $12/year
- Any adults who do not have current youth protection will not be eligible for renewal or registration. Youth Protection Training must be verified in the system for anyone who not completed youth protection in the last two years or is a new adult. A unit will not be able to submit the charter with expired youth protection.
- You can pay online with a credit card for the recharter as you submit. (This method will not work for youth members paid for by WellCare or scholarship.
- You can have the Chartering Organization use a digital signature to sign for the application.
- If you complete all these new features, you will not need to submit a paper form to the council office. Your charter will be complete if it meets all requirements.
Internet Rechartering Online SystemEach unit can have one person process the annual charter. They will need a new access code and ID each year.
September 2017—Meeting with Charter Organization executive officer to:
- Discuss success and needs of unit
- Review role of the charter partner and local council
- Consider key unit personnel to determine replacements, additions, and recognition
September 2017—Conduct membership inventory of youth and adults. Visit or make contact with every inactive youth and adult. Recruit additional youth.
October 2017—Charter renewal meeting that identifies youth and adults to re-charter, complete forms, and collects fees. If a youth member is a member of WellCare (Medicaid) get the member ID number.
November 17, 2017—Submit paperwork and money into office. (Check with your district commissioner for additional district turn in dates, times, and locations.)