Unit Resources and Ideas
For all ages:
- Join youth all across the country for a Camp-In! Get details and links to the great events here: https://www.scouting.org/campin/
- Download the Boy's Life app for an entire year of free magazines! Click here: https://boyslife.org/subscribe-now/free-access/
- Earn or recharge your Cyber Chip! Click here: https://www.scouting.org/training/youth-protection/cyber-chip/
- Participate in our virtual Camporee! April 15 - May 30, click here to sign up!
- Sign up for a Scout activity at the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo! Click here for Cub Scout and Scouts BSA opportunities: http://www.omahazoo.com/scout-programs
- Try a preview adventure! Click here: https://www.scouting.org/pro…/cub-scouts/preview-adventures/
- Virtual Derby
- Did your spring Pinewood Derby, Rocket Derby or Sailboat Regetta get cancelled/postponed?
- Scouts can still complete their vehicle and get them judged in other ways.
- Design & Art Contests - awards for artistic creativity
- Name That Car - Online voting contest
- Guess that car's maker. Put pictures of all vehicles online but then have a contest to guess which car belongs to which Scout.
- "Be Prepared" for the next derby.
- Try one of the 30 day challenges below!
- 30 Day K -2nd grade challenge videos - click here!
- 30 Day 3rd - 4th grade challenge videos - click here!
Tiger (1st Grade)
Wolf (2nd Grade)
Bear (3rd Grade)
Webelos (4th & 5th Grade)
- Don't miss your monthly campout. Organize a "Virtual Campout"
- Every Scout must pitch a tent in their own backyard.
- Virtual campsite inspection. Judging for tent location, background, camp accessories and more.
- Who is your Camping Buddy? Parent, sibling, scout buddy, family pet, etc?
- Post your Virtual Campfire to #CampfireFridayBSA and share with other scouts around the world!
- Virtual Jamboree
- April 3rd - 5th: Jamboree-On-The-Air and Jamboree-On-The-Internet (JOTA-JOTI) is an official international event of the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM). JOTA-JOTI is a youth programme event intended for young people in Scouting of all ages.
- Merit Badge Activities
- Sign up for an online merit badge! Click here: https://www.cornhuskercouncil.org/programs/online-merit-badge-classes.html
- DON'T FORGET - Scouts should work these activities by themselves or with their buddy or patrol.
- Virtual Discussion: Note: Most merit badge requirements say "Discuss with Counselor". This does NOT mean filling out and turning in a worksheet (but could be one option.) Another option is do a phone call, virtual group conference chat (See virtual meetings below). Group email. Reminder for every discussion group per YPT -there should not be any 1-1 Adult/Youth discussions. Always include more than two (parent, scout buddy, another leader, etc.)
- Merit Badge Research: - All merit badges require individual study before hand. Get the Merit badge booklet from your troop library or Amazon.
- Check out these 58 Merit Badges that can be completed at home: https://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2020/03/20/merit-badges-for-social-distancing/
- Check out Woodsmaster Will's Youtube videos for Scouting and Outdoor Skills!
Second Class Rank
First Class Rank
Resources for Units