We are excited to give you notice that the Outdoor Education Center and Scout Shop will is open effective June 1st. Our new hours are Monday - Thursday, 9am - 5pm.
We will have to take the following precautions in order to stay as safe as possible:
- Volunteers must make appointments with their District Executives.
- Meetings with District Executives and other staff members be limited to our designated areas.
- We ask that you wear a mask when inside the Outdoor Education Center.
The Covid-19 pandemic created some rather challenging programing decisions for you and your group of young people. We as a Council asked that you stop all in- person programming during the months of March, April and May. The time has come to explore how we can safely conduct in -person program with Packs, Troops or Crews. The ban on in -person meetings has been lifted under the following guidelines…
- The first guideline is that you have permission to meet from your Chartered Organization.
- The second guideline is that you adhere to your local county, and our state regulations regarding social distancing “most places require 6 feet distancing”.
- The last guideline is that you continue to adhere to your local county and state regulations regarding number of participants in one space
While I know that these guidelines will present a new set of challenges in delivering program to youth, they give us the best chance to mitigate the risk of spreading Covid-19.
Thanks for all that you do, and Scout On!