Steps to a Successful Popcorn Sale
• Train your Scouts and parents, so you have a fun and safe popcorn sale.
• Make sure checks are made payable to YOUR UNIT, so you can deposit them into your unit’s checking account and make ONE check out to the council.
• Establish a unit goal to shoot for and/or a unit incentive program that is an addition to the council provided prize program.
• Use the mini-order form in your religious organization’s bulletin-or hand out after services if you’ve received prior permission.
• Popcorn can be used as gifts for teachers, co-workers, neighbors, babysitters, and relatives.
• Schedule a pick-up and turn-in party for your Scouts and parents.
• Place your order on-time and schedule your pick-up time.
Share these tips with your Scouts and parents
• Set up a popcorn booth after your religious service(s). Ask permission to do so prior to selling
• Ask your chartered organization for their support in helping you with your sale (bulletins, newsletters, location for popcorn posters announcing your sale and contact persons)
• Ask parents to consider popcorn as an employee holiday gift or other form of recognition or appreciation gift for their fellow employees
• Contact your customers from last year and ask them if they had any friends who wanted to support Scouting by purchasing popcorn