Camp Staff Applications for 2018 are being accepted!
Camp Staff ApplicationsTo be completed by every staff member each year
Camp Staff Scholarship ApplicationStaff member are eligible to apply for a scholarship. Application will be available Summer 2018.
Staff Position Openings
Aquatics Directormust be at least 21 years old
All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) Directormust be at least 21 years old
ATV Instructormust be 16 or over
Pool Instructorsmust be at least 16 years old
High Plains Drifter Instructormust be at least 18 years old
Kitchen Managermust be at least 16 years old
Cookmust be at least 16 years old
Kitchen Supportmust be at least 14 years old
First Aide Instructormust be at least 16 years old
Office Managermust be at least 18 years old
If you have any questions or would like to apply please contact the Camp Director, Sammi Lowery at email@example.com
General Camp Staff Information
- Staff must be eligible and willing to be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Age requirements:
- Counselor in Training (CIT I) – 14 years old by June 1 of the current camping season.
- Counselor in Training (CIT II)– 15 years old by June 1 of the current camping season.
- Directors / Counselors – 18 years of age or older by June 1 of current camping season.
- BSA standards require some positions to be a minimum of 21 years of age, by June 1 of current camping season.
- The principles of the Scout Oath and Law must be practiced as a way of life. Staff is expected to set the highest example of excellence in Scouting.
- Housing and meals are provided. Staff is expected to maintain living quarters properly and always be in attendance at mealtime.
- References are important and will be reviewed as part of the selection process. Have your references complete the enclosed forms and return them directly to camping services at the address listed below. Applicants under 18 years of age must have one reference form completed by their Scoutmaster.
- Apply at any time. However, applications received by December 1st will receive first consideration.
- Return completed application to: Cornhusker Council, PO Box 269, Walton, NE, 68461 or email firstname.lastname@example.org